Interra Credit Union, a full service $691 million financial institution with over 50,000 members, has served its community of Goshen, Indiana since 1932. Interra began searching for a board management solution, one that would demonstrate gains in efficiencies all while saving money in the process. Teaming with Passageways, a provider of portal solutions for credit unions and financial institutions, they implemented OnBoard, a progressive and powerful solution for managing meetings.
Before adopting OnBoard, Interra had relied on Google docs to run their board meetings. The process of generating monthly board books utilizing Google docs failed to meet Interra’s needs in the boardroom. Amy Sink, CEO of Interra Credit Union, began searching for a board portal that ran on iPads, one equipped with an easy and intuitive user experience. After reviewing numerous solutions Amy decided OnBoard was the solution Interra needed. After demonstrating how to upload board packets directly to OnBoard the process quickly took off. Indeed, migrating the board to OnBoard proved so simple that all the directors were easily navigating their meetings within a few short months.
Interra Credit Union no longer prints paper, saving on both printing and binding costs. The simplicity of the process has allowed even the self-declared technologically unsavvy to learn the system with haste, providing faster and more reliable access to the documents every board member needs. OnBoard provides for annotations to be made directly on the directors’ documents, allowing notes to be stored as they go using their iPads. Moreover, all the previous agenda items are stored on the app, making reference to previous meetings as simple as a few taps away.
“All documents are in one spot and no one has to remember who emailed what or where any document has been placed. They can quickly reference the one location easily.” –Amy Sink, CEO of Interra Credit Union
Secure offline access on the iPad app permits directors to securely view their board packets when no internet connection is readily available. Busy directors are given the flexibility of when and where to review their board documents.
The migration and flexibility of the software proved such an overwhelming success that Interra will soon implement OnBoard to run their executive team’s committee meetings. Further, ditching paper in favor of OnBoard’s digital solution has already demonstrated an annual cost savings of approximately $8,000.
This has inspired the leadership at Interra Credit Union to adopt OnBoard more widely. The power of OnBoard will soon be in the hands of dozens of executive committee members, utilizing the same features that boosted the efficiency and organization of the board of directors. The results will amplify the power of OnBoard across the whole of Interra’s organization. OnBoard has proven an excellent boardroom solution, combining secure storage with an intuitive user experience
About The Author
- Passageways is a SaaS provider of collaboration solutions for boards and employees. OnBoard is a board governance solution, designed to improve collaboration for directors and administrators throughout the meeting life cycle. OnSemble's a lovable, drag and drop, Employee Intranet that connects an entire workplace to one central collaboration hub, builds your culture, and inspires employee engagement.
- Board Management2020.06.26OnBoard Leads the Way in 7 Categories in the G2 Summer Grid Reports
- Board Management2020.06.08Observations on What It’s Really Like to Shift to Virtual Meetings
- Employee Intranet2020.06.02Advantis Highlights Employee Engagement, Communication and Teamwork in Portal Relaunch
- Board Management2020.06.01Webinar Sneak Preview with Philanthropy Expert Angela E. White