The hour-long live broadcast had audience members engaged in live contests and viewers asked questions and participated in the conversation through social media. The event ended with the immediate, free, release of the new OnSemble to every customer.
The new OnSemble arrived with features that revolutionize how Passageways’ customers use their portal. The free upgrade focused on making every portal richer, more collaborative, more flexible, and more rewarding for employees. OnSemble’s interface was redesigned, creating an easier to use portal than ever before. New features included a drag and drop design tool, fresh themes, and a universal carousel island. The design flexibility directly empowers financial institutions to easily create portals, without IT, that meet the needs of their employees so that everyone can focus on the business at hand.
“The new OnSemble was designed to meet the needs of our customers. The result is the best user experience and easiest to use intranet ever made available to financial institutions.” said Paroon Chadha, Co-Founder and CEO of Passageways. “I believe the OnSemble team has produced an update that provides incredible features that will bring new life to customer’s portals. Some of the smallest changes we have made will have a huge impact for content managers.” Said Anne Wertz, Passageways Vice President of Customer Support. “For me personally, working on this release has been one of the most exciting projects I have ever worked on, simply because we focused on making lives easier for customers by listening to exactly what they wanted.”
Key Product Updates
New Look and Feel Achieved with Island Flexibility
We are excited to announce a significant improvement to the interface of the portal. With this update you will be able to easily resize and rearrange your portal islands. Gone are the days that you are tied only to the limited page layouts provided. Using drag and drop and a grid with ‘snap to’, ‘bring to front’ and ‘send to back’ capabilities you will be able to easily make rich and powerful pages. In addition, we have introduced the ability to turn off island skins and define a primary and secondary island background color, resulting in a cleaner looking page.
Use the new Carousel Island to add dynamic content on pages to keep it fresh and inviting. This easy to set up island can be added to any portal page, providing you the ability to rotate through images with text and hyperlinks, as well as user profiles.
Use the new Image Island, a slim version of the Portal Text Editor Island, to upload an image and easily hyperlink to portal pages or websites. Text can be placed anywhere on the image without having any HTML expertise. Effortlessly create islands to display quotes of the day, news items, memes, photos and more.
– Ability to turn off the island skins completely and choose between two island background colors.
– Easy access to an actions dropdown menu instead of navigating to an ‘Actions’ page.
– Ability to delete islands easily without having to use the recycle bin.
– Updated icons provide a fresh look and feel.
– Birthday and Anniversary Islands can now be set to show only workgroup members.
We previewed the new OnSemble, a free upgrade to all customers, focused on making your Intranet richer, more collaborative, more flexible, and more rewarding for your employees. We showed how you can easily resize and rearrange your islands using drag and drop tools to bring your company culture to the forefront of your portal. Watch here:
About The Author
- Passageways is a SaaS provider of collaboration solutions for boards and employees. OnBoard is a board governance solution, designed to improve collaboration for directors and administrators throughout the meeting life cycle. OnSemble's a lovable, drag and drop, Employee Intranet that connects an entire workplace to one central collaboration hub, builds your culture, and inspires employee engagement.
- Board Management2020.06.26OnBoard Leads the Way in 7 Categories in the G2 Summer Grid Reports
- Board Management2020.06.08Observations on What It’s Really Like to Shift to Virtual Meetings
- Employee Intranet2020.06.02Advantis Highlights Employee Engagement, Communication and Teamwork in Portal Relaunch
- Board Management2020.06.01Webinar Sneak Preview with Philanthropy Expert Angela E. White