This blog post is the second in a three-part series. See part 1 here (part 3 coming soon).
- The perception that boards are out of touch and completely resistant to technology is a myth.
- More than ever, directors are looking toward technology to aid their work.
- Board management software offers directors an opportunity to solve their most pressing challengs.
In part 1 of our three-part blog series, we shared the latest findings on what matters most to board directors. What our research team found was directors question both the reliability and accuracy of the information shared with them. Technology is important and they are excited about trying new board technology solutions to make their meetings more effective.
Our research turned to how boards view technology, their desire to use it, and how they thought it could solve their problems. What we found dispels a common misperception of boards, that they are out of touch and resistant to technology. Our findings, gathered in conjunction with Avannis and the Independent Community Bankers of America, demonstrates that more than ever, directors are looking toward technology to aid their work.How do Board Directors feel about new technology in the boardroom? The answers may surprise you. Full details here: Tweet This
Incorporating technology into the boardroom is important to me.
- Yes 78%
- No 8%
- Unsure 15%
Looking forward, I think that board meeting technology will become
- 88% More Important
- 2% Less important
- 10% Neither important nor less important
My board is excited about trying new board technology solutions.
- Yes 51%
- No 22%
- Unsure 27%
Together, this data begins to paint a picture of directors who want both better and more information. Directors who embrace technology as a medium to better control their information flow and who see its presence as the future.
Indeed, this data envisions a board open to a new and better way to distribute, review, and read board materials, and open to board management software to solve their most pressing challenges.Imagine a Board of Directors open to a new and better way to distribute, review, and read materials, and open to Board management software to solve their most pressing challenges. It's not a dream! Full details here: Tweet This
With board management software, meetings become actual collaborative efforts — a place to make important decisions and think about the long-term health of the organization. With full adoption, the whole board is prepared to discuss, brainstorm, and problem-solve. Having digested the facts of the meetings in advance, attendees arrive ready to make smarter, more strategic, and timelier decisions.
In part 3, we’ll share how to avoid Zombies (really), how to select a credible vendor, and what makes Passageways a viable solution.
What To Do Next
- Learn more about OnBoard, Passageways’ board management software
- See what users have to say about OnBoard
- Download our Board Management Software Buyer’s Guide
About The Author
- Passageways is a SaaS provider of collaboration solutions for boards and employees. OnBoard is a board governance solution, designed to improve collaboration for directors and administrators throughout the meeting life cycle. OnSemble's a lovable, drag and drop, Employee Intranet that connects an entire workplace to one central collaboration hub, builds your culture, and inspires employee engagement.
- Board Management2020.06.26OnBoard Leads the Way in 7 Categories in the G2 Summer Grid Reports
- Board Management2020.06.08Observations on What It’s Really Like to Shift to Virtual Meetings
- Employee Intranet2020.06.02Advantis Highlights Employee Engagement, Communication and Teamwork in Portal Relaunch
- Board Management2020.06.01Webinar Sneak Preview with Philanthropy Expert Angela E. White