OnBoard HIPAA Compliance
We know that healthcare providers experience frustration when selecting and adopting solutions developed by vendors, particularly when there’s the prospect that individual electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI) may be handled by the vendor and their solution. HIPAA, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act was designed to create uniform safeguards and policies for how to handle ePHI for both vendors and healthcare providers.
Passageways OnBoard is HIPAA compliant. This demonstrates our commitment to all healthcare providers. We have always taken pride in both privacy and security, this is the natural extension of that commitment.
What’s is HIPAA compliance?
The HIPAA Privacy regulations require health care providers and organizations, as well as their business associates, develop and follow procedures that ensure the confidentiality and security of protected health information (PHI) when it is transferred, received, handled, or shared. This applies to all forms of PHI, including paper, oral, and electronic, etc. Furthermore, only the minimum health information necessary to conduct business is to be used or shared.
Why We Became HIPAA Compliant
As we have continued to grow, hosting over 30,000+ meetings, our commitment to securely handling the data of every board of directors has grown in concert. HIPAA compliance is instrumental in ensuring to our present and future healthcare customers that we not only guard their data, but that as a team and an organization we are prepared and in compliance to handle their most sensitive data.
What’s more, electronic Protected Health Information isn’t solely the province of the healthcare industry. Organizations may frequently need to include in their board books insurance and medical claims, information on employee benefits packages, and a variety of other material that may contain medical information that needs to be safe guarded. Our HIPAA compliance will protect every organization that needs to discuss or handle ePHI materials during their next board meeting.
“Passageways has always emphasized the privacy and security of our customers’ data,” said David Alder, Passageways Director of Product. “With HIPAA Compliance, we can more formally demonstrate our commitment to both.”
We are committed to delivering the highest quality, most secure, and most compliant board portal solution in the market. This marks another milestone in that journey, for our healthcare customers and beyond.
If you would like more information on OnBoard, our secure board meeting solution, please contact us as email@example.com
About The Author
- Passageways is a SaaS provider of collaboration solutions for boards and employees. OnBoard is a board governance solution, designed to improve collaboration for directors and administrators throughout the meeting life cycle. OnSemble's a lovable, drag and drop, Employee Intranet that connects an entire workplace to one central collaboration hub, builds your culture, and inspires employee engagement.
- Board Management2020.10.21Business as Unusual: 12 Exclusive Insights from Community Bank Experts
- Board Management2020.10.09How OnBoard Helps Federally Qualified Health Centers Stay HRSA-Compliant
- News2020.09.19Passageways Strengthens Leadership Team With Hiring of Marketing Leader Rob Kunzler as Chief Marketing Officer
- Board Management2020.09.185 Best Practices for Moving from In-Person to Virtual Board Meetings