OnBoard HIPAA Compliance
We know that healthcare providers experience frustration when selecting and adopting solutions developed by vendors, particularly when there’s the prospect that individual electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI) may be handled by the vendor and their solution. HIPAA, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act was designed to create uniform safeguards and policies for how to handle ePHI for both vendors and healthcare providers.
Passageways OnBoard is HIPAA compliant. This demonstrates our commitment to all healthcare providers. We have always taken pride in both privacy and security, this is the natural extension of that commitment.
What’s is HIPAA compliance?
The HIPAA Privacy regulations require health care providers and organizations, as well as their business associates, develop and follow procedures that ensure the confidentiality and security of protected health information (PHI) when it is transferred, received, handled, or shared. This applies to all forms of PHI, including paper, oral, and electronic, etc. Furthermore, only the minimum health information necessary to conduct business is to be used or shared.
Why We Became HIPAA Compliant
As we have continued to grow, hosting over 30,000+ meetings, our commitment to securely handling the data of every board of directors has grown in concert. HIPAA compliance is instrumental in ensuring to our present and future healthcare customers that we not only guard their data, but that as a team and an organization we are prepared and in compliance to handle their most sensitive data.
What’s more, electronic Protected Health Information isn’t solely the province of the healthcare industry. Organizations may frequently need to include in their board books insurance and medical claims, information on employee benefits packages, and a variety of other material that may contain medical information that needs to be safe guarded. Our HIPAA compliance will protect every organization that needs to discuss or handle ePHI materials during their next board meeting.
“Passageways has always emphasized the privacy and security of our customers’ data,” said David Alder, Passageways Director of Product. “With HIPAA Compliance, we can more formally demonstrate our commitment to both.”
We are committed to delivering the highest quality, most secure, and most compliant board portal solution in the market. This marks another milestone in that journey, for our healthcare customers and beyond.
If you would like more information on OnBoard, our secure board meeting solution, please contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Author
- Passageways builds collaboration software that helps people do meaningful work, from the board of directors through to the team and people who do today’s indispensable work. OnBoard is a board governance solution, designed to improve collaboration for directors and administrators throughout the complete meeting life cycle. OnSemble's an Employee Intranet that connects an entire workplace to one central collaboration hub, builds your culture, and inspires employee engagement.
- Employee Intranet2019.04.18State Bank of Lizton Bolsters Communication with OnSemble
- Board Portal2019.04.09College of Saint Benedict Successfully Transitions to AGB OnBoard
- Board Portal2019.04.08Survey Says: Forward Bank Improves Board Meetings with OnBoard
- Uncategorized2019.04.04OnBoard Named Leader in G2 Crowd Grid For Board Management Software