- Most board management software providers are Zombies (Really.)
- There are 12 questions you need to ask to avoid a Zombie board vendor.
- OnBoard makes boards happy.
In part 1 and part 2 of this series, we shared the latest findings on what matters most to board directors (and what doesn’t) as well as what directors view as their real challenge with board meetings. In this post, we’ll share how to avoid software provider “Zombies” and what makes Passageways a viable solution.
Leaving behind inefficient tools like paper, print, and email attachments, a robust category of world-class applications have risen to serve the needs of administrators and board directors alike: board management software. These systems enable directors to access meeting materials, communicate with each other, and execute their governance responsibilities in a safe, secure environment.The important thing to remember is that most board management software providers are Zombies (Really.) Full details here: Tweet This
The important thing to remember is that most board management software providers are Zombies (Really.)
Between 2012-2019, dozens of providers were bought up by cash-rich competitors, stripped of everything but their brand name, and falsely marketed as updated, thriving solutions. Most providers will wait until the customer complains of bugs and reduced support, and then sell them the flagship brand that promises improved security and functionality at sometimes triple the price.
To avoid a Zombie, here are 12 questions you need to ask:
- Is your company independent – not owned in part by another board management vendor?
- How long has your company been in existence?
- What innovations has your company brought to market in the past year? The past 5 years?
- Do you offer a free trial, so you can try it before you commit?
- Are you undertaking regular penetration testing?
- What are real users saying about this brand?
- How does your brand rank on online review sites?
- Can you share audited financial statements?
- How often are your product releases?
- Will I be forced to switch to a different brand under the parent company?
- Does your software offer a consistent user experience across various platforms?
- Do admins need to install a different version of the application on their desktop?
Of course, the best way to avoid Zombies is to go with a brand that’s been thoroughly vetted by a credible industry authority? That’s Passageways. Designated by the Independent Community Bankers of America as a Preferred Service Provider, we’ve enabled boards of directors to digitally compile and distribute their materials for over 15 years.
More than just another software platform, OnBoard makes boards happy. We’ve been on the phone, on the ground and in boardrooms across the world talking to real directors, listening to their needs, and learning how they govern effectively.
Our results with OnBoard speak for themselves:
- Won Capterra’s award for ease of use
- Received the American Business Award for governance technology
- Named the top-rated board software across dozens of platforms including G2 Crowd, the Apple App Store, and GetApp.
OnBoard from Passageways is board management software that directors want to use because it makes their lives easier.
What To Do Next
- Learn more about OnBoard, Passageways’ board management software
- See what users have to say about OnBoard
- Download our Board Management Software Buyer’s Guide
About The Author
- Passageways is a SaaS provider of collaboration solutions for boards and employees. OnBoard is a board governance solution, designed to improve collaboration for directors and administrators throughout the meeting life cycle. OnSemble's a lovable, drag and drop, Employee Intranet that connects an entire workplace to one central collaboration hub, builds your culture, and inspires employee engagement.
- Board Management2020.06.26OnBoard Leads the Way in 7 Categories in the G2 Summer Grid Reports
- Board Management2020.06.08Observations on What It’s Really Like to Shift to Virtual Meetings
- Employee Intranet2020.06.02Advantis Highlights Employee Engagement, Communication and Teamwork in Portal Relaunch
- Board Management2020.06.01Webinar Sneak Preview with Philanthropy Expert Angela E. White