- Engagement Analytics provides a real-time window into meeting preparation. Result: higher board engagement, better meetings.
- Real-time data optimizes the plan for each meeting with data that uncovers the topics that need more time and attention during the meeting.
- Engagement Analytics helps Board leaders ensure their members arrive at meetings better prepared.
“You hit home runs not by chance but by preparation.” – Roger Maris
Does this sound familiar?
- You’ve come to your Board meeting ready to roll up your sleeves and help guiding the organization
- Your time is valuable. After all, your Board only meets face-to-face once per quarter for a few hours.
- When you arrive, you find several directors have come unprepared. Half the meeting ends up spent on recaps and info dumps to bring these members “up to speed.”
- The meeting ends with most of the agenda left unaddressed.
It’s with this all-too-real scenario in mind that we have been hard at work building and perfecting OnBoard’s newest innovation: Engagement Analytics. Designed for leaders such as Board chairs and executives like CEOs and Executive Directors, OnBoard’s Engagement Analytics provides a real-time window into meeting preparation to make meetings more productive. It is available today.
“As someone who runs a lot of board meetings, I can tell you Engagement Analytics completely changes the way you push out information and how your board interacts with that information,” says Passageways Co-Founder and CEO Paroon Chadha. “This is going to be huge.”
Engagement Analytics offers insights into how your board works. Board leadership can see in real-time when board books are read, where annotations are made, and what sections are receiving the most attention. This guidance on heavily trafficked agenda sections makes meetings smarter by shining a light on topics that demand an extended discussion and raising the caliber of conversations and decisions being made by the board.
“One of the key ways we’ve seen leaders increase Board engagement is pre-meeting preparation,” says Tim Vire, OnBoard Customer Success Manager. “The more prepared your Board members are, the more effective and engaged your Board is.”
Informed by metrics and data from Engagement Analytics, Board leaders can help directors engage better with materials before meetings. When Board leaders can see where directors are spending their time, documents can be adjusted if too much time is being spent on lower priority materials. Topics that require more time and energy can be highlighted instead, supporting their planning and research and encouraging positive preparation among all stakeholders.
Based on an independent survey, nearly 8 out of 10 Board directors state that technology is important to incorporate into the boardroom, Passageways has been working on incorporating new features that Boards are eager to embrace. Engagement Analytics is just the latest step in this process, with more to come soon.
What To Do Next
- New to OnBoard and Want to learn more? Find out everything you need to know.
- Current customer? Contact your Customer Success Manager and activate Engagement Analytics today.
About The Author
- Passageways is a SaaS provider of collaboration solutions for boards and employees. OnBoard is a board governance solution, designed to improve collaboration for directors and administrators throughout the meeting life cycle. OnSemble's a lovable, drag and drop, Employee Intranet that connects an entire workplace to one central collaboration hub, builds your culture, and inspires employee engagement.
- Board Management2021.01.11Another Helpful, Free Tool from Passageways: the Vendor Comparison Worksheet
- Board Management2021.01.08Everything You Need To Know About Meeting Minutes
- Board Management2021.01.04New OnBoard Capabilities Help Enterprise Boards and Leaders Identify Conflicts of Interest and Complete Required Regulatory Filings
- Board Management2020.12.29The People Have Spoken! 6 Reasons OnBoard Makes Your Board Happy.