COVID-19 is changing the way we engage with our teams at work.
Although San Antonio-based Jefferson Bank is an essential business operating under a “Stay Home, Work Safe” order, the bank has made changes to accommodate the safety of employees and customers. That means adjusted work hours, employees working from home, and increased physical distance between staff working at the office.
“As we’ve decentralized divisions of the Bank, people from various essential departments (Loan Operations, Deposit Operations, Accounting, etc.) were moved to different Banking Centers,” says Marketing Communications & Event Planner Tina Harris. “Our lobbies closed, and some folks started working from home or alternating time between home and office. This allowed us space to practice social distancing in our work areas. Everyone has been so grateful that our Bank has been so supportive.”
Their OnSemble employee intranet – called Jeff NET – has been one key to keeping employees connected.
OnSemble Helps Communicate and Distribute Key Updates and Information
“Our main page has a carousel that we use to announce important messages of the day,” says Tina. “At least one of our messages is related to an update or change caused by COVID-19, and that is linked to our page dedicated to the coronavirus.”
Sharing Home Workouts and More Keeps Employees Engaged
OnSemble is also helping Jefferson Bank employees to continue to connect with each other.
“We just launched the use of Conversations to get employees to share what home workouts and free online workouts they are using while gyms are closed during this time,” Tina says. “We anticipate this will be a fun way to engage employees who are into fitness!”
“In addition to the initiatives we’ve launched through our portal,” Tina continued, “We’ve been providing lunch from local restaurants twice a week to support our local small businesses.”
Tina noted that this expanded use of JeffNet has been positively received.
“Our team appreciates the ability to stay connected and informed through JeffNET,” she said.
About The Author
- Passageways is a SaaS provider of collaboration solutions for boards and employees. OnBoard is a board governance solution, designed to improve collaboration for directors and administrators throughout the meeting life cycle. OnSemble's a lovable, drag and drop, Employee Intranet that connects an entire workplace to one central collaboration hub, builds your culture, and inspires employee engagement.
- Board Management2020.06.01Webinar Sneak Preview with Philanthropy Expert Angela E. White
- Board Management2020.05.22Introducing Task Management
- Company2020.05.15Passageways Honored to Win Seven Stevie® Awards at 2020 American Business Awards
- Customer Success2020.05.14Using OnSemble to Help with PPP Loans and Combating COVID-19