“A time of crisis is not just a time of anxiety and worry. It gives a chance, an opportunity, to choose well or to choose badly.” — Nobel Peace Prize laureate Desmond Tutu
As we all act quickly to adapt our organizations to the new reality of COVID-19, Archbishop Tutu’s wisdom reminds us that we always have a choice in how we react to a crisis. Business leaders can make the choice for lead decisively in a time of disruption.
At Passageways, our OnBoard and OnSemble teams work with 70,000 people and organizations around the world. While “business as usual” may sound like an outdated idea, “business resilience” is not. We are already working with many leaders to preserve business continuity and provide leadership for their communities.
How We’re Taking Action
Here are some of the ways we are taking decisive action to serve our customers, employees, and partners:
- We remain open for business.
First and foremost, we are open. In fact, we never closed. We continue to serve our clients, inspire them, and enable them to perform better, together. Our Customer Success team is the industry’s best (yes, we’re biased) and is always available by phone and e-mail.
- Your security is still priority #1.
Customers trust us with their most sensitive data, and we take that trust with the utmost seriousness. Our OnBoard and OnSemble products were built from the ground up with security and resilient infrastructure in mind. Customer data is protected with the strongest encryption available and in full compliance with international standards.
- Innovation doesn’t stop.
Passageways customers demand products that are second to none in ease of use and reliability. Even as all our employees moved to working remotely, we have continued to work diligently on new product releases and improvements to OnBoard and OnSemble. If anything, the global move toward remote work and virtual meetings has led to even more new ideas and a more ambitious product roadmap.
- We’re still sharing best practices.
Best practices, tips, guidance – it’s all here, fully up-to-date, and ready for you:
– NEW! Guide to Remote Leadership with OnBoard
– Check out our OnBoard blog to find the latest best practices for board management and our OnSemble employee collaboration.
– Gigabytes of free tools and resources for boards and intranets remain available to provide you with action steps and real-world case studies.
Staying Connected While Working Remotely
Like most organizations, my fellow Pathfinders and I have switched to working remotely. Although it was done for health and safety reasons, we’ve already learned some valuable lessons about ourselves and what’s truly important. Indeed, we’ve already found that our greatest strength is staying connected virtually even as we scatter physically.
We’re In This Together
Though this is a time of disruption, it is still a time to take action and make choices. We treat the trust that companies and non-profits put in us with the most seriousness, and consider it an honor and privilege to help these organizations navigate through the uncertainty that COVID-19 has brought to all of our lives.
Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer
About The Author
- Passageways is a SaaS provider of collaboration solutions for boards and employees. OnBoard is a board governance solution, designed to improve collaboration for directors and administrators throughout the meeting life cycle. OnSemble's a lovable, drag and drop, Employee Intranet that connects an entire workplace to one central collaboration hub, builds your culture, and inspires employee engagement.
- Board Portal2020.03.28Staying Connected While Working Remotely
- Board Portal2020.03.28The Guide to Virtual Board Meetings: 6 Best Practices for Staying Connected While Working Remotely
- Board Portal2020.03.28Where Credit Unions Can Find Help During the COVID-19 Crisis
- Board Portal2020.03.28Where Community Banks Can Find Help During the COVID-19 Crisis