What is a Director?
The directors of an organization are the individuals who constitute the board of directors.
They are responsible for overseeing the management of the corporation or organization and leading the overall direction and strategy of the business.
Types of Directors
There are several terms available to describe the status of a director, depending on the director’s relationship with the organization.
- Director – an individual appointed to serve on the board of an organization, such as an institution, government body, or business.
- Inside Director – a director who also serves in a meaningful connection with the operations of an organization
- Outside Director – A director who has no significant connections with an organization other than their responsibility as a director
- Executive Director – An Inside director who also serves as an executive of the organization
- Non-Executive Director – a director who also serves in a meaningful function in the day to day operations of an organization
Browse More Terms and Definitions:
Select a Letter
We'd Love to Hear from You
Drop us a line and we'll get started.