Guide to Virtual Board Meetings With OnBoard
Best practices, tips, and guidance for using OnBoard to lead a virtual board meeting. Under these extraordinary circumstances, learn how OnBoard is being leveraged to make decisions, provide strategic guidance, and keep communication channels open.
4. Leverage Advanced Preparation Tools
OnBoard provides your team a complete suite of tools to make agile, context-rich decisions. It allows anyone on your team to update and shape a meeting’s agenda and makes information flow unabated with sufficient time to review. By equipping leaders with tools like shared annotations and a secure instant messenger, it allows them to think critically and communicate seamlessly – no matter where they are.
- OnBoard Messenger allows your whole board and leadership team to collaborate individually or in a group before, during, and after meetings. As teams rapidly responded to the public health crisis, they often established a group channel dedicated to the crisis – to communicate and coordinate their business’ response.
- OnBoard’s Meeting Analytics provides insight into which meeting sections are receiving the most attention and where leadership and board members are making significant notes and annotations. It’s clear-eyed data that guides leadership toward both critically important and overlooked meeting information.
- Notes & Annotations often spur ideas and can help others think more deeply in advance of your meetings. OnBoard enables users to share notes publicly or with specific individuals. So as remote leadership becomes the new norm, management can raise an important point without needing an in-person side-bar conversation.
- OnBoard Tasks create predictable information flows while keeping action items front and center. It ensures your team knows when to expect new reports and data. And by tracking meeting deliverables, it keeps meetings focused on the future strategy rather than a backward status report.
5. Adopt Decision-Making Tools to Reach Consensus
Reaching consensus and quickly capturing the views of your directors and leadership is essential when fast-moving problems are tackled remotely. OnBoard helps your team reach consensus and make decisions between and during meetings.
- Voting & Approvals formally record your board’s and teams’ decisions. As you confront fast-moving challenges, your leaders need to be able to make consequential decisions without formally convening an emergency meeting.
- eSignatures provide the ability to execute contracts and sign agreements without your team losing momentum. For example, loan committees frequently accelerate their ability to evaluate and issue capital on an ongoing basis leading to substantial new revenue.
- Surveys offer your board and leadership team a way to gauge ideas, offer feedback, or decide on smaller-scale issues. And as teams have fewer opportunities during remote work for chance encounters and brainstorming sessions, getting fast insights is incredibly valuable.
Let's start a conversation.
Join a Demo. Start a Trial. Talk to an Expert.
Join a Group Demo
Join us for a free live demo with our solution experts. We'll show you how our customers' love translates into an amazing product.
Start a Free Trial
OnBoard is the only leading board portal that offers a no strings attached free trial, so you know precisely what you’re getting before you fill out any paperwork.
Talk to a Solution Expert
Our experts are on standby to talk with you right now about how OnBoard will drive value at your board meeting. So let's start a conversation.