New Functionality Enables Organizations to Take Board Minutes in Real-Time and Share Them Faster Than Ever
INDIANAPOLIS, December 14, 2020 – In 2020, board and leadership governance responsibilities grew beyond traditional oversight to include critical, time-sensitive challenges related to COVID-19 response planning and business resilience strategies. To tackle these challenges, boards and leaders have found themselves with a need for tools that and improve their ability to collaborate, gather input from a wide array of sources, and act on it quickly.
Passageways, creator of the award-winning OnBoard board management software platform that securely connects organizations and their boards of directors, recently announced new functionality called Minutes Builder that enables organizations to take minutes in real-time within the platform and share them without the need to switch between apps. In addition, Minutes Builder provides the ability to capture in-meeting approvals, track attendance, and record motions as they happen.
“Taking robust minutes is now easier than ever and more efficient,” said Passageways Vice President of Product, Doug Wilson. “With Minutes Builder, we’ve taken essential but time-consuming activities – capturing meeting minutes and quickly sharing them with attendees – and evolved them into an efficient process that seamlessly integrates with several existing features of OnBoard.”
Meeting minutes serve as a single source of truth that attendees can refer back to when determining what was decided, what needs to be done in follow up, and by what date. Benefits of using Minutes Builder include:
- No more juggling between different apps and files. The board Secretary or admin can take minutes directly within OnBoard starting from their existing agenda.
- Faster capture and sharing. Because users never have to go outside of OnBoard to capture, edit, or share the minutes, meeting invitees have access to them even faster than before. For maximum flexibility, minutes can be even be exported as a Word Document or PDF, and then attached to the next meeting agenda for faster approval.
- Valuable in all leadership meetings. Minutes Builder is so easy to use that it can improve the productivity and efficiency of leadership meetings outside the boardroom and throughout an entire organization.
- A record that’s secure from the start. Distributing minutes via email can expose sensitive meeting details that aren’t intended for public consumption. Taking and sharing minutes in OnBoard keeps them protected within the platform’s robust security infrastructure.
“Minutes Builder is another example of how we listen to our customers to develop tools that enhance their ability to collaborate,” said Passageways Co-Founder and CEO, Paroon Chadha. “Our customers have been asking for a better way to take and share minutes in their board, committee, and leadership meetings, and we’ve listened. Minutes Builder enables them to create a formal record in real-time of discussions, decisions, and actions taken in the meetings they hold throughout the organization.”
This news complements Passageways’ launch of its Recover and Re-Imagine campaign, which offers new customers 90 days of OnBoard for free when they purchase by December 31, 2020. New customers will join the 2,000 global companies representing 12,000 boards and committees around the world who already use and trust OnBoard, including the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Kenya, Bahrain, Mexico, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
Passageways was founded in 2003. OnBoard is a virtual board management solution that securely connects organizations and their directors to all their meeting materials, meeting agendas, minutes, approvals, eSignatures, calendars, policies, and procedures. OnBoard is trusted by more than 12,000 boards of directors and committees around the world, including public companies, private organizations, non-profit organizations and government bodies. Learn more at Passageways.com.
Rashmi Bijai, email@example.com, +1.574.229.6491
About The Author
- Passageways is a SaaS provider of collaboration solutions for boards and employees. OnBoard is a board governance solution, designed to improve collaboration for directors and administrators throughout the meeting life cycle. OnSemble's a lovable, drag and drop, Employee Intranet that connects an entire workplace to one central collaboration hub, builds your culture, and inspires employee engagement.
- Uncategorized2021.03.09Can cloud services take your board meeting to new heights?
- Company2021.02.05Passageways Celebrates Black History Month
- News2021.01.28Passageways Celebrates Rapid Growth in 2020 and Sets Sights on Accelerated Expansion for Board Management Platform (OnBoard) in 2021
- Board Management2021.01.11Another Helpful, Free Tool from Passageways: the Vendor Comparison Worksheet