There’s no question that boardrooms face more issues than ever before. Governance priorities now include issues such as increasing diversity, leading digital transformation, and managing disruption. With more responsibility comes more complexity, and board chairpersons are under increasing pressure to respond effectively and rapidly to all of this change.
Dr. Randall S. Peterson, Professor of Organizational Behavior at London Business School, makes a compelling case that boards largely succeed or fail based on the effectiveness of their board chairperson.
According to Dr. Peterson, here’s what makes a board chairperson great:
Great Chairpersons KNOW
Great Chairpersons DO
About The Author
- Passageways is a SaaS provider of collaboration solutions for boards and employees. OnBoard is a board governance solution, designed to improve collaboration for directors and administrators throughout the meeting life cycle. OnSemble's a lovable, drag and drop, Employee Intranet that connects an entire workplace to one central collaboration hub, builds your culture, and inspires employee engagement.
- Employee Intranet2020.04.02True North Uses OnSemble to Keep Staff Informed During COVID-19
- Board Portal2020.03.28Staying Connected While Working Remotely
- Board Portal2020.03.28The Guide to Virtual Board Meetings: 6 Best Practices for Staying Connected While Working Remotely
- Board Portal2020.03.28Where Credit Unions Can Find Help During the COVID-19 Crisis